Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Webster Residence: The transformation begins

A good friend to my husband and me, Aaron Hansen, owns a custom cabinet shop called Aaron's Custom Cabinets. I knew I wanted everything to be perfect for the Websters, so I called on Aaron to do the job.  Below are some photos of Aaron (the blonde) and my husband Sam (the tall dark and handsome one (: ) They worked so hard and I just loved the results!  Starting out is a picture of the cabinets almost ready to be installed:




You'll notice that the walls are no longer periwinkle with lemon-zest trim! Now they're an elegant French Country yellow!  Here are the men-folk working hard to make my design look fabulous! (I promise Sam is helping- I think it's called "quality assurance")


Now you'll see the guys up in the wall niche in the Front room.  Well, first I'll show you a before shot because I forgot to put on in my last post:

I wanted this space to be more of a defined space with more interest.  So, I had the guys put up some trim to really set it off.  After they finished, I had the painters come in and paint the trim a crisp, classy white to just barely set off the trim from the wall; subtle yet sophisticated:


Now, remember those corner "columns" I talked about earlier? Well, See below as they are being transformed into elegant structural features thanks to a little moldings and trim pieces (again, a coat of white paint will cover the natural wood tone):

Don't worry- I made them fix the crown molding after I took this picture, it's a little crooked here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment